ROSA PARKS PTA (PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION)
Through the PTA, Rosa Parks parents facilitate school communication, provide discussion forums, and help create a cohesive and supportive community. PTA fundraising initiatives also provide essential resources for teachers, students, and the school as a whole.
The PTA Board and other important leaders are listed here.
Room parent information is available here.
Information on how to become involved in PTA activities is available here [coming soon].
Information on fundraising initiatives is available here.
Minutes from PTA meetings are available here.
More specifically, the PTA does the following:
- Organizes Events and Services to Build Community
- Convene monthly PTA meetings and monthly community “mingles”
- Prepare welcome materials and activities for new families
- Organize teacher and staff appreciation events (lunches, gifts)
- Organize and guide Classroom Parents
- Support community activities (Tour of the World, Green Schoolyard, etc.)
- Organize fundraising initiatives (silent auction, read-a-thon, carnival, etc.)
- Facilitate communication with biweekly newsletter, school website and e-tree
- Provides Supplemental (and Essential) Financial Support
- Student Support: Playworks (PE), tutoring, enrichment, Mosaic, etc.
- Teacher Support: Field trips and classroom supplies
- Institutional Support: Family Resource Center and Green Schoolyard
- PTA Events: Welcome activities, PTA meetings, teacher/staff appreciation, etc.
- PTA Operations: Newsletter, copying, etc.