ROSA PARKS PTA (PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION)
Through the PTA, Rosa Parks parents facilitate school communication, provide discussion forums, and help create a cohesive and supportive community. PTA fundraising initiatives also provide essential resources for teachers, students, and the school as a whole.
The PTA Board and other important leaders are listed here.
Room parent information is available here.
Information on how to become involved in PTA activities is available here.
Information on fundraising initiatives is available here.
Minutes from PTA meetings are available here.
More specifically, the PTA does the following:
- Organizes Events and Services to Build Community
- Convene monthly PTA meetings and monthly community “mingles”
- Prepare welcome materials and activities for new families
- Organize teacher and staff appreciation events (lunches, gifts)
- Organize and guide Classroom Parents
- Support community activities (Tour of the World, Green Schoolyard, etc.)
- Organize fundraising initiatives (silent auction, read-a-thon, carnival, etc.)
- Facilitate communication with biweekly newsletter, school website and e-tree
- Provides Supplemental (and Essential) Financial Support
- Student Support: Playworks (PE), tutoring, enrichment, Mosaic, etc.
- Teacher Support: Field trips and classroom supplies
- Institutional Support: Family Resource Center and Green Schoolyard
- PTA Events: Welcome activities, PTA meetings, teacher/staff appreciation, etc.
- PTA Operations: Newsletter, copying, etc.