(Located upstairs facing Allston Way, across from the elevator shaft)
We serve the families of the Rosa Parks community by providing educational, health and social service resources. We are building a “school that is more than a school” so that all kids are able to come to school ready to learn.
The Family Resource Center supports families at Rosa Parks by providing:
- Family Nights
Parent and family support
- Parenting support
- Informational presentations about parenting topics (e.g., ADHD, helping children manage anxiety, temperament)
- Rosa Parks’ healthy sleep campaign
- Counseling services and life skill groups for kids
- A parenting lending library
- Family Resource Night program: academic support programs for kids and parenting discussion groups for adults
Check this document for some questions to ask during parent-teacher conferences.
Emergency Need Resources
- Free food bag program for families on free or reduced lunch
- Emergency support for families in crisis (meal rotations, food/clothing aid)
- Holiday food baskets
- Information about community resources and programs
- Resources for homeless families
- Referral services for medical, dental, vision, and other services
- Halloween candy exchange
- Information about local free clinics
Please CONTACT US or COME BY if we can provide
support services for your family in any way!
MEET the STAFF:
Timothy Zenor-Davis – School Based Service Director – 510-874- 7272 ext. 103
Tim oversees the Family Resource Center and the Kids Village after school program.
Shoshana Rosenberg, LCSW, PPS – Clinical Supervisor – 510-883-5230
Shoshana supervises our school-based mental health services and case management program, designed to help children and their families at Rosa Parks Elementary School cope with social, emotional and environmental problems. We provide a safe place and a relationship in which children can learn to express themselves, as well as emotional and behavioral support through individual counseling and family support services.
Yesenia Moran – Family Support Services Coordinator – 510-644-8537 (se habla español)
Federico “Tito” Aquino – Office of Family Engagement and Equity – 510-644-8537 (se habla español)
Tito coordinates family support programs and health referrals.