In addition to providing essential funding, the Rosa Parks Elementary School's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) aims to create a cohesive and supportive community.
As a major source of funding for the school, the PTA provides:
- Student Support: Play to Be (Physical Education), tutoring, enrichment, Mosaic, etc.
- Teacher Support: Field trips and classroom supplies
- Institutional Support: Family Resource Center and the Green Schoolyard Initiative
- PTA Events: Welcome activities, PTA meetings, teacher/staff appreciation, etc.
- PTA Operations: Newsletter, copying, etc.
As an organizing and community building force, the PTA
- Holds monthly PTA meetings and monthly community “mingles”
- Prepares welcome materials and activities for new families
- Organizes teacher and staff appreciation events (lunches, gifts)
- Organizes and guides Classroom Parents
- Supports community activities (Tour of the World, Green Schoolyard, etc.)
- Organizes fundraising initiatives (Carnival, Starry Night Auction, Read-a-thon, etc.)
- Facilitates communication with e-tree news, the biweekly newsletter, and this website
Our PTA thrives with the engagement of all parents and we highly value a diversity of viewpoints.
PTA Membership costs $6.00. Once you are a member, you are welcome to attend the general meetings, held once a month - dinner and childcare are provided! If you are interested in volunteering with the PTA, please check out the PTA Volunteer Page.
The Rosa Parks PTA spends approximately $405 per child every year. For the 2018-2019 school year, we raised $171,000, surpassing our goal of $160,000!
To donate to the PTA, please check out the donations page. Donations aren't the only way you can contribute to Rosa Parks!
You can be a part of the three main fundraisers held each trimester that go a long way to providing funding for Rosa Parks. For more information about them, please see the fundraisers page.
We also work with local businesses to create opportunities to support Rosa Parks while you shop.